****ATTN: OUR LIST OF OPEN POSITIONS HAS BEEN UPDATED****
Hey Pathos readers! I bring you two Pathos related updates:
1. Submissions are officially closed for our spring issue.
2. Pathos is hiring for next school year.
As of Friday, May 23rd our spring deadline has passed and we are currently busy going through everybody’s work. You all should see the new issue on the stands at PSU in the next couple of weeks. If you didn’t get a chance to submit this term, don’t worry! You can still submit and have your work under consideration for the fall issue.
Which brings me to #2. Pathos needs new employees! The current staff of Pathos, with the exception of our incoming editor-in-chief Brooke Horn, is graduating, and Pathos is seeking involved students who would like to be a part of the team. Specific positions we will be hiring for:
1. Senior Designer. (paid position. preferably somebody in the graphic design program or with related experience who will be able to work in Adobe programs, primarily InDesign, to do the layout and any other major design related work we need)
2. Senior Copy-Editor. (paid. to proofread each issue before we print)
3. Promotions Assistant. (volunteer. Responsible for general promotions duties including designing flyers, securing event spaces)
4. Social Media Assistant. (volunteer. Would be responsible for helping us manage our web presence through Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.)
4. Volunteer readers. (We also are interested getting people involved who would like to help us read submissions each quarter! Help us decide what work goes into Pathos!)
We are also interested in hearing from anybody else who might be interested in volunteering in any capacity, whether you’re from another student group who would like to organize an event with us, or just have a suggestion. Let us know!
If you are interested in applying for any of these positions please send your resume/samples of your work (for the design position) to our email. We will be hiring over the summer.
Cheers and happy (almost) summer,