The submission window for the Pathos Literary Magazine Winter Issue is approaching quickly! If you’re a current student at Portland State University this term and you’re hoping to have your work published in the upcoming Winter Issue, there are 30 hours left for you to make your submission.
If you want to see your work in beautiful print all over campus in the Pathos magazine stands this term, you have until 11:59PM tomorrow, Feb. 12, 2016 to bring us your very best, very favorite, and most polished creative work for consideration by our team of student staff and volunteers. Below, you can find details from our guidelines page about what we’re looking for in the Poetry, Prose, Visual Art, Review, and mysterious “Other” categories.
- Submissions should not exceed 50 lines in length.
- Acceptable file types are .DOC, .DOCX, and.PDF. Written works with a visual element should instead be submitted to the Visual Art Category.
- Please do not submit collections of poetry as one submission.
- Submissions should not exceed 3,000 words in length.
- We accept fiction AND nonfiction, including (but not limited to) essays, travel writing, short stories, flash fiction, and reviews. Excerpts from longer works are permissible, but that distinction must be made clear.
- Acceptable file types are.DOC, .DOCX, and.PDF. Written works with a visual element should instead be submitted to the Visual Art Category.
VISUAL ART CATEGORY
- We accept drawings, prints, illustrations, photography, paintings, graphic design/digital artwork, and multimedia.
- For each work, please make sure that all files are high resolution (minimum of 300dpi).
- Acceptable file types are .JPG, .PNG, and .PDF.
- Please include any specifications, captions, and/or other information you would like to publish with the piece in your cover letter.
- As part of our mission to connect PSU students with the greater creative community, Pathos is now offering reviews for select complete student works (demo albums, chapbooks, full length plays, etc.).
- To have your work considered for review, please submit a pitch letter as an attachment (not as the cover letter). This should include a summary of your work, a description of your intended audience, and how a review by Pathos would help you.
- If your pitch is accepted, please be prepared to provide copies of the work to be reviewed (either physical or digital).
- Reviews are published online only.
- If none of the above categories quite fit your work, please e-mail us at email@example.com with a description of your submission.
- We will provide you with guidelines and feedback specific to your project PRIOR to submitting to this category. Please do not submit to this category without e-mailing us first!
- To name a few examples, Pathos is also interested in publishing musical scores, short plays, screenplays, and innovative creative work. Use your imagination!